HELSINKI, FINLAND – August 24, 2011 – Independent Finnish developer Housemarque, the critically acclaimed studio behind Super Stardust HD, Outland and Dead Nation, have announced their next title, Furmins, a physics-based action puzzle game releasing on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch later this year.
Making its behind-closed-doors playable debut at Gamescom 2011 in Cologne to the world’s gaming media, Furmins finds players attempting to guide the eponymous and loveable creatures across fiendishly designed levels by rearranging a variety of items as well as using bumpers and conveyor belts in real-time with well coordinated precision. Strategically placed items create pathways and physical chain reactions which guide the Furmins to the basket and level completion.
Releasing in two versions, the Freemium game will be a universal app containing 12 playable levels across one game world. This will then be supported by in-app purchases to enable players to download content. The Premium game will be available in two versions; a universal app, and a less expensive iPhone/iPod version. Both will contain the full game containing over 40 levels across 4 game worlds, as well as supporting in-app purchases for additional downloadable content.FEATURES
- Premium version containing over 40 game levels across four game worlds
- Unique blend of physics based set-up-and-go gameplay and real-time interaction
- Fast and intuitive gameplay lets players easily manipulate and customize game levels
- Multiple solutions offers players lots of creativity
- Charming graphical design