At the beginning of July Alienation saw the addition of two widely requested features: local co-op and ranked leagues, among a variety of novelties such as extra weapons, bullet colours and other minor improvements.
The next update, hitting your PS4 today, will unleash an array of new exciting features. Let’s start with the stuff every Alienation owner will get free of charge: Weekly Missions! These are missions to be played with unusual rules for an additional challenge – beat them within seven days and you’ll get a reward! And since we’re talking about rewards, it’s definitely worth mentioning that we heard you loud and clear: you can now loot and collect armours with different modifiers (for example, an armour that recharges your Rush faster, but makes Reload slower), and even customize their colours provided you collect enough of the 42 different paints available…
Other free additions to the game include an extra difficulty level (named “Legend”), six new Trophies and increased Hero Level cap.
Along with the free content we’re also releasing more paid DLC: new arsenal, with the secondary weapon Devastator and the heavy Collapser, respectively resembling a sort of deadly laser ray and a cannon with bouncing projectiles, the Armour Paint Pack featuring three exclusive armour paints, and the Veteran Heroes pack (which allows you to start with characters at Level 15 and access to World Level 2).
You’ll be able to purchase the Weapon Pack for €4.99, the Armor Paint Pack for €0.99, the Veteran Heroes pack for €4.99, or buy each individual item separately. Needless to say, owners of the Alienation Season Pass get all of the above without spending a single extra dime.
So, what are you waiting for? Head to the PSN store and grab one right now!
Changelog (patch 1.04 + 1.05)
– Added weekly missions.
– Added a new difficulty level.
– Added collectible armor sets.
– Added armor paint customization.
– Added option to disable World Level 2 visuals.
– Added new trophies.
– Increased Hero Level cap by 25.
– Miscellaneous bug fixes, tweaks and optimizations.
– Fixed the bug that caused players who were not part of the squad when the mission started to get worse loot (and worse score in Ark Ship).
– Fixed Ark Ship score exploit bug and increased score cap for future scores.
Quality of life improvements:
– Added an option to lock your favorite inventory items so that they won’t be accidentally salvaged.
– Added a possibility to drop inventory items in local co-op so that they can be collected by another player.
– Added salvage all option which salvages all unlocked inventory items in the current category.
– Legendary items show up on minimap.
– New secondary weapon: Devastator (DLC)
– New heavy weapon: Collapser (DLC)
– Start at level 15 (DLC)