Engaging games and thrilling gameplay moments – Games & products
Versatile expertise on creating games
Most of the game developers typically have chosen to specialize in genres or even sub-genres, but Housemarque isn’t among them. Our mission is to create novel game concepts and engaging gaming experiences and this has led us to work on many different genres over the years. Recently, we’ve have had great success on developing shoot-em-ups, shooters and a platformer, and we’ve received a lot of praise from fans and media alike. Our polarity-switching platformer “Outland” has received ‘Editor’s Choice’ from IGN and GameSpot as well as been featured as the ‘Game of the Week’ by Eurogamer. It currently (May 6, 2011) has a Metacritic score of 84%. Our zombie shooter “Dead Nation” has been chosen to be The Best Exclusive PSN game of 2011 by PSN gamers and the game has received several other PSN Game of the Year and Editors Choice Awards from the media. Our successful space shmup “Super Stardust HD” is having an admirable Metacritic score of 85% and as a further evidence of its greatness; IGN has chosen the game as one of Top 25 Playstation Games two years in a row (2009&2010).
Some older fans may remember us as a developer of some of the best snowboarding games, but our versatility doesn’t stop here. Over the years, we’ve developed a point and click adventure game, a casual golf title and more recently have been working on developing a physic based puzzler game.
We continue our pursuit of developing games loaded with thrilling gameplay moments, feeling of accomplishment and aesthetic audio-visual rewards and looking forward to add more games to the published games list below.
- “Super Stardust Delta”, PS Vita PSN, January 2012 Japan & February RoW, Sony Computer Entertainment of Europe.
- A radical evolution of the top-selling and award winning SSD HD for PS3, Super Stardust Delta blasts you on a breathtaking tour through a new galaxy full of epic sights and scenes. The game was a part of the launch title line-up for the Western launch of the console in February 2012.
- Nordic Game Award 2012 – Best Nordic Handheld Game
- 10/10 Gaming Nexus Editor’s Choice
- 9,5/10 IGN Editors´Choice
- 9/10 Push Square
“Outland”, Xbox 360 XBLA, April 2011; Playstation 3 June 2011; Ubisoft
- IGN ‘Best Playstation Network Game 2011’
- GameSpot ‘Best Download-only Console game 2011’
- Eurogamer ‘Game of the Week’
- 9.0 at IGN Editors’ Choice
- 9.0 at GameSpot Editors’ Choice
- A- at 1UP
- 9.0 at GameInformer “Gold
- “Dead Nation”, Playstation 3 PSN, 30th of Nov 2010 SCEA/1st of Dec 2010 SCEE.
- Playstation Network Gamers´ Choice Awards 2011 – The Best Exclusive PSN game
- Top 25 Playstation Network Games by IGN, 2011
- PSN game of the year
- PS Nation
- Gaming Bolt
- Playstation Lifestyle
- 5 / 5 at Joystiq
- 9/10 Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
- 9 / 10 Digital Chumps
- B+ at 1Up
- The best selling PSN game in the launch month
- “Super Stardust HD”, Playstation 3 PSN, 29th of June, 2007, Sony Computer Entertainment of Europe.
- SSD HD is an intense shoot-em-up game with truly next-generation visuals. The critically acclaimed game has been viewed as “the best fun I’ve had on the PlayStation 3 since the machine launched” in a Eurogamer 9 out of 10 review. Many more reviewers gave stellar reviews.
- Metacritic.com score of 85/100.
- The Top 25 Playstation 3 Games by IGN, 2011 & 2010 & 2009
- Top 10 selling PSN game in PAL & NTSC regions (Source: SCEA presentation at Game Developers Conference 2008 in March 2008)
- 500 000 PSN names in the global Arcade high score list (table maxed out – June 2011)
- One of the first PlayStation 3 games available in 3D
- “Super Stardust Portable”, PSP PSN, December 2008, Sony Computer Entertainment of Europe.
- A portable version of our PSN hit
- 8/10 Playstation Lifestyle
- 8/10 GameDaily
- 8/10 Cheat Code Central
- “Golf:Tee it Up”, Xbox 360 XBLA, July 2008, Activision
- Casually oriented golf game with innovative focus time in-the-air ball controls
- 4,5/5 GamePro
- 8.2/10 IGN
Retail – Console & PC
- “Transworld Snowboarding”, Microsoft Xbox, Q4 2002 under Atari brand by Infogrames.
- 83/100 Official Xbox magazine – US
- 8/10 XBM Issue Twelve – UK
- 4/5 GamePro – US
- 87% Pelit November 2002 – Finland
- “Supreme Snowboarding” (a.k.a. Boarder Zone in NA), PC CD ROM, Q4 1999-Q1 2000 by Infogrames.
- 90% Loaded Inc.
- 90% Gamespot UK
- 8/10 IGN
- 4/5 Incite PC Gaming, US
- “The Reap”, PC CD-ROM, Q4 1997 by Take2.
- Games Machine, Italy 93%
- ULTIMATE PC 81%
- EDGE 7/10
- “Alien Incident”, PC CD-ROM, Q3 1996 by GameTek UK.
- PC HOME 85%
- PC POWER 83%
- “Super Stardust”, PC CD-ROM, Q2 1996 by GameTek UK.
- PC GAMER 90%
- PC FORMAT 88%
Handheld & Mobile
- “Furmins HD”, iOS, February 2012, self-published
- Furmins finds players attempting to guide the adorable and loveable creatures across innovatively designed levels by rearranging a variety of items as well as using bumpers and conveyor belts in real-time with well coordinated precision.
- Reviews & press
- Kotaku Gaming App of the Day
- Eurogamer App of the Day
- 9/10 AppGamer
- 8/10 Pocket Gamer UK
- 8.3/10 ZTGD
- “The Chronicles of Narnia (3D)”, J2ME & Brew, December 2005 by Buena Vista Internet Group
- “Gizmondo Motocross 2005″, Gizmondo, Q2 2005 by Gizmondo.
- “Flo boarding”, Nokia N-Gage, Autumn 2003 by Nokia. Our snowboarding game was a part of Nokia Game 2003 experience. The game was bundled with Nokia N-Gage device on a MMC throughout Europe (availability varied from country to country)
Other products & work
- Proprietary technology and tools
- “Killzone: Liberation”, a Sony owned Guerrilla´s PSP exclusive game published in Q4/2006. Consulting and advanced code optimizing work.
- “Tin Star” Nokia high-end 3D demo for Nokia GDC 2006 keynote
- Nokia Game 2003 related “Floboarding II” and “Final” game for PC, Autumn 2003.
- “Con Quest”, PC Online, 1996-1998. An online MMO experiment during the modem era of gaming.
- Six “advertainment” games on PC, 1996-1998.